11.30.2009

early Spring

The oaks on the Reserve are flowering. Full boar. It's the 30th of November. I expect them to flower in March and April.

It's dry and hot and windy. The mustard and radish are flowering, and some garden plants have never stopped. Not totally unusual.

From a restoration perspective, I will need to bump up timing on weed removal efforts, expecting a very early Spring. My years paying close attention to central California weather patterns isn't nearly long enough to understand them.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh hot, and dry I love the sound of that! Can you send some of that up our way Bree? I just heard of a book it sounds like you have either already read or need to read called Tending the Wild (how Ca Indians cultivated native plants) let me know if you've already read it and if I should check it out...
    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete