6.01.2010

weeds


For me, this weed season has been overwhelming. I have been pushed around and beat up by the invasives. Battling them all just isn't feasible. I have to pick my battles. Of course we do this as land managers. We prioritize. But even those prioritized sites and weeds got away this year.


Shifts take place. Dominant species change ranks. Areas that I knew 20 years ago dominated by mustard are now dominated by Italian thistle.


It's interesting how weeds show themselves in patterns. Rows of radish, rows of mustard, and rows of hemlock.


We have nine acres of Vinca.


Eucalyptus, cape ivy, English ivy, veldt grass, vinca, thistle, hemlock. Sometimes it's really hard for me not to get totally overwhelmed.

3 comments:

  1. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. ceramic smoking pipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. cosmos pipes

    ReplyDelete