5.17.2010

seed collection

Hands down, this is my favorite time of year. The ground is drying. Seed pods are crackling. I'm itching to roam the grounds and gather. I think those in the nursery trade can relate. I need to gather seed. I never know what I might need to grow and when. I'm fascinated by the colors and textures. I love it. Plain and simple - I love to collect seeds.


With the lupins, I have to pinch them close to the stalk, pull them away, and hold them until they reach the inside of the envelope or else they'll explode!


Some seeds, like the bee plant, are still maturing inside the little fruit.


The meadow barley is just coming in.


And then there are some things I just don't want to collect.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bree!! You are quite the naturalist! You have a keen eye if you could find that tick! I love the stories you tell of the slough and seeing the images of those places that are in my best memories!

    xoxox wish i could be there collecting seeds with ya!

    ReplyDelete