4.19.2009

The Slough expresses itself


Just when I thought I would take a hiatus, the Slough explodes and I have to share. I had a day of discovery and I fell completely in love with a new flower. It's a little rush. Pink curly stigmas. . . I swear if I ever start a girl band that would be our name.

I need to go back and see if the stem is round or flat. That will determine what its name is, according to modern botanists. Though it is what it is, despite any name we give. It's growing next to a beautiful wet meadow that is off limits to the public.


Then I went to scout for seeds of an annual lupine I was SURE was growing in a field off trail. I found my lupine (yay!) and then turned to see bluedicks. I don't see many of these out here so I got in closer to take a picture and saw this spider taking down a bee. Again, the Slough expresses itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment