Manually removing cape ivy is a long and slow process, but is working beautifully at the Jazwin property. It's about persistence. I visit once a month to continue where I left off. Above is the first removal site. This was the first time no cape ivy sprouts were found!
What I did find were lots of these native blackberry (Rubus ursinus) sprouts.
The burrito roll is completely dead after one year and decomposing.
At the second site, I've got the entire patch almost rolled up into one long burrito. I'll need some help in the future rolling this over so it doesn't resprout.
The last patch that I need to remove is enormous. It's one acre and grows basically into the marsh. Here it is intertangled with pickleweed.